Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Aye

Affirmation.  That's an "aye" - isn't it?

Life has been so busy and funny and good and strange lately.  I keep getting put in the naughty chair, which is depressing, but I also keep kicking goals which is uplifting and motivating.  It seems my professional side is winning and my personal side is losing, big time. 

I heard on the not so secret grapevine that my contract company want to make my role permanent.  Which is sort of exciting, god I was just getting used to living on the edge of having no income, my excema has almost totally cleared up and I was ready to dive into being my own boss.  However I am a fan of stability, in the form of a nice rounded paycheck, so what is a girl who has a penchant for frocks and expensive perfume to do?

I did a trial run of something at the weekend and I was quite pleased with the result.  (I am talking about running now).  I was running along thinking, I am taking this too easy, I WANT to feel sore and like I worked hard today,  but I wasn't feeling like I was going to.  But I kinda couldn't go any faster, because I knew I had a certain distance to go....catch 22.  Anyway, I felt REALLY sore the next day when I went for a run, and the day AFTER I was really really sore but that might have been the nasty little spring flu I have now managed to cultivate.  Which has meant no running today or yesterday.  Well yesterdays excuse was a being tired from a big Monday Night Out on account of our sales conference - which was meant to be in the Hunter Valley and by sheer luck somebody (not me) fucked up and booked the wrong dates and so we had to have it somewhere else and where did they pick????   Lets go to our R&D facility in the deep western countryside and then stay in Penrith!!  So I can go home every night and see my doggie and my cat and my frocks and my bath and they are all stuck in Panfers World of Entertainment.  I see the funny side of this, they don't.



So I am coughing and spluttering from the spring flu which is nothing on the swine flu, and so training has taken a back seat this week (read - I have been a lazy arse) and will recommence when I am feeling better.  Hopefully at the weekend when my boys leave for a soccer weekend and I can do me me me me me time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment