Thursday, June 16, 2011

I did Lotto, so if you don't see me for a while.....

Last night I did something I am usually dead against, because I am not a fan of gambling in any form.  Well, I do like that song, The Gambler, but that is about it.  Don't particularly like horses being raced, whipped etc, don't like Melbourne Cup Day (ever since Derek set fire to his kitchen on MC day) and really really really DETEST those poker machines.  But, cold, tired, weary and frankly, very fecking over it ("it" being commuting in dismal weather) I marched into Morries Newsagency and demanded he tell me how to play Lotto with "one of those one's where I don't have to think up the numbers".  Morrie kindly said he could do that for me, so I asked him what I owed him.  We sorted it out from there.  So I am now the proud (?) owner of a "Powerpick 36" the ticket informs me.  So he said he would see me Friday morning.  I told a friend in work, and told him my motivation (fatigue from the commute) and he suggested that I would buy a penthouse in North Sydney.  Feck, you know, if I DID happen to win Lotto, I bet I would still want to work.  I get a bit of a kick out of working, especially this consulting / contracting business, because as soon as you are about to get bored you are out on your arse looking for something else.  Anyway.  Long winded way of saying, loving the job but fecking hating the travel.  Hating the travel because it eats in to my time to train, my ability to see daylight and a sleep in every now and then.  But the guys I work with are totally GORGEOUS, and the work is varied, interesting and very very busy.  I am just afraid though that I am going to wake up one morning and I will be 60 before I know it, because time is just FLYING past in that place.  And there is important stuff I need to do with my life and I know the time is really soon, and I thought about it a lot on my run tonight, and it is scaring me. 

However, good news is.......two days in a row I have managed to train.  Yesterday I did the run across the bridge and over to the parky place, what's it called?  Botantic Gardens.  No.  That's Belfast.  Something Botanicy.  And that was about 7km.  Iced wholeheartedly in ice bath again on arriving home, which WAS about six hours later, but better than nothing.  Tonight did my superman impersonation at the shopping centre at Emu Plains (went into the toilets in a suit, came out in running gear) and ran around the river and back before doing the Sparta PT session, which was, incidently, really good, and went really quickly.  Always a good sign when you are finished before you know it.  So I guess on balance, everything is going not too bad, the whole "eating vegetables till you can't eat any more" thing is working really well for me, and have lost and kept off (most importantly) over 2kgs just from using veggies as grazing food.  And my skin is loving it.  So if I could get my ankle to behave, it might complete one part of the puzzle in the piecing together of my life......

No comments:

Post a Comment