Saturday, August 13, 2011

Ouch. Very large amounts of Ouch.

Did my 3 hour road run today.  Managed 27.8km which was exactly what I expected.  But by god I am hurting now.  And I have no idea where in my arse I am going to pull another 15 km from come marathon day.  I am starting to think this was not a Very Good Idea.  Not at all.

Would you like me to catalogue my various sore bits?  I thought not, but I am going to anyway.  Just in case I decide ANOTHER day to do something stupid like this.  Well currently my sorest bits are both my little toes.  Right at the tips of my little toes.  I did take precautions today and clip the toenails, but clearly that wasn't adequate.  Sore tips of little toes make it hard to walk.  Especially in heels.

Hips.  I knew this would happen, it is manageable. With alcohol.

Legs.  Shins.  Calves.  Thighs.  Backs of thighs.  Insides of thighs.  The very fecking CORE of my thighs. Again, alcohol is doing a stellar job of assisting with this.

When I finished my run my skins were all white on the shin bit from salty sweat.  I looked a bit like a homeless person.

All throughout my three hour run I alternatively craved avocadoes and Sauvignon Blanc.  But more Sauvignon Blanc.  In fact I think the prospect of a guilt free chilled glass was what got me through the last 6km.

I don't think I was built for running.  I looked at other, slimmer and more fit looking people breezing around the river with jumpers cockily thrown over their shoulders and walking small dogs and looking WAY more relaxed and at ease than small little curvy me just ooozing effot with every step.  I reminded myself many times today this is not about weight loss but is about a goal.  A fecking stupid goal, now that I re-assess it, but there you go.

Anyway I now have a nice chilled Sauv Blanc in my hand, which is helping to anaesthetise my aches and pains and help me forget what a damn fool I am.  Tomorrow is another day.  Another day with 13.4km planned.  Fark!


No comments:

Post a Comment