Thursday, April 5, 2012

Twice is not a habit but it's getting there....


Two morning runs in a row with Simon.  Two fantastic mornings.

Truly the best way to start the day, the best beauty treatment you can get and the best cure for anything is running along, nattering, enjoying the morning smells, sights and sounds and then going to work with that fabulous feeling of having done something for yourself before the madness starts.

I truly believe that vaseline and a run are the best (and cheapest) beauty treatments around, my face just seems to have everything in the right place after a run, my cheeks are red and my skin just looks more alive.  Must be all that huffing and puffing I do....

Anyway, apart from that Simon and I are both unfit and gasping for air up the hills and remembering when we were fitter and could zoom up those hills (well, he was remembering that, I was thinking to myself, I freaking hate hills).  We promised ourselves a stop and a stretch at the top of the hill, at the 4km mark, then we'd turn round and run home.  Bloody hell, that was a challenge, then at the top of the hill was a man who must have been in his eighties, walking stick in hand, back curved with age, posture stooping over.  But there he was out for his morning walk, laughing at the pair of us gasping for air whilst we pretended to stretch against a lamppost.  Which reminded me how lucky we are to have our (relative) youth and fitness and the ability to just get out there and do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment