Sunday, May 27, 2012

Cars + Me = Catalogue of Disasters

My Personal Legend (can you tell I am reading "The Alchemist"?) is telling me something.  Keep off the bloody roads.  That's what.  Between driving unexpectedly into a neighbouring car in the Woolworths Car Park (who drives into a parked car expectantly, mind you?) to the thing conking out going round a roundabout, to my tyres being slashed to me losing my license.  Are the gods who are guiding me telling me something?  Catch the fecking train!!!  Tonight I drove all the way to the city with only one headlight.  Last week I nearly ran over a motorcyclist (he just came out of nowhere).  Every time I say "this is the last wee thing that can go wrong".... it isn't.  I drive like a granny and despite that I lost my licence for speeding.  People give me the finger on the freeway for slowing them down.  Now that I have a city flat, I don't take the damn thing out during the week.  So I drive effectively twice a week, once to the city, and once to the mountains.  Surely this is adequate to keep the gods happy and me safe?  Oh hang on.  I did take it out.  For an early Personal Training session at the gym last week.  And parked in a no parking zone and got fined $208.  I rest my case.  Mathhew Mr Marvellous Personal Trainer told me all parking was free before 8am.  Liar liar pants on fire.  Anyway, that is just an observation.  I need a Tardis. Or a helicopter.

On the training front, I am getting into the weights big time.  Matthew (marvellous PT man) has me doing some interval training on the tready beforehand and this is about the extent of my running this week.  I intend to rectify this next week....but since moving into this flat and worrying about being lonely, I have never been busier in my life....no time to get lonely....it seems all my friends spend a lot of time in the city and when they are there....well they call me now....and I can't seem to say no to anything....well, why would I?  The plan was to get a life.  But I do want the balance of a fitness regime too....so went to the gym at the weekend...and really enjoyed it.  Actually, no, it was hard and I was wishing it was over, but afterwards I felt great.... ;)  Also decided not to rely on scales but listen to my waistbands!  There was fluctuation of a kilo at the weekend on the scales from one day to the next....but the tapemeasure is saying I have lost cms.....so I am taking that. 

So - this week, girlfriend from hospital days coming for dinner Monday,  girlfriend from pharma days coming Tues, Media Launch Wednesday!!  How exciting!  Our first!!  Monday and Wednesday have PT sessions but that is not going to be enough so the challenge is to fit in some decent little runs in between.....2 x 6km would be enough this week with something longer at the weekend.  Ok, so that is this weeks goal!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment