Monday, July 15, 2013

Is it legal to be this happy? 

Really, my work colleagues are getting sick of getting a big look at my teeth every Monday morning when I come in and I am grinning from ear to ear.  Ash asked me today "how was your weekend?" I swear he went RED when I bared my fangs and gave him a good view of my ivories and started to giggle.  In fact, I spent the ENTIRE weekend giggling.  It is good when you have an accomplice who is equally adept at giggling at silly situations.  I'm just loving my life at present, everything is just wonderful.  No, I am not on drugs.  Yes I still have my figure.  No, I didn't get a tummy tuck.  No, I have not turned into an alcoholic.  I don't know what happened.  There were lots of things and they all happened around the same time, they all involved an effort at first but they have all paid off majorly.  Feel like I have invested a little, I have diversified, and it has all paid off. 

Anyway, I'm not gloating, I know the transient nature of things.  I know how things can change,  and I know how I feel today can come crashing down tomorrow.  But it is soooo nice to be soo happy.  So just let me wallow a little.  After all, what are blogs for if you cannot indulge yourself a wee bit?

This weekend was pretty marvellous.  Beautiful run Saturday morning with beautiful people.  Paul came down Saturday afternoon and we had a romantic trip to Bunnings.  Yes, the hardware shop.  Then he replaced my taps.  Then we had some dinner and drinks.  Ha.  Sunday we had booked that swingy tree thing.  Terrifying and fun.  Terrifying especially when you get stuck halfway on a sort of mid air sixty feet up skateboard with the only thing keeping you up is you, hanging onto a rope.  Note to self.  Don't attempt this ever again ever ever ever.  I hope that is emphatic enough for me.  Never. Ever. Again.  No sir.  Then don't be "polite" and say, yes, lets do another round.  Because they are all farking terrifying.  But man it was fun.  Afterwards.  After I stopped trembling.  And that night I dreamt about falling.  A lot.

So that was a good date, really.

All was going well. 

So really, it was a lovely weekend, and that's why I am smiling and showing my porcelain and generally not being bothered by anything much in the world at all, ever, full stop.

Now, I've got to go and be blissfully unaware of life in general.

Bye :)


No comments:

Post a Comment