Sunday, May 30, 2010

So, it seems if you hang around the streets of Glenbrook long enough, your health care professional will turn up out of the blue, and you can get a consult in the street, free of charge, no medicare card required, and there's not that two hour wait in the surgery....

Well, as luck would have it I bumped into Dr Norm today who had a feel of my cheekbone.  And he recommended Hirudoid for it.  Hirudoid - which is manufactured for haemorrhoids.  Noice.  He tells me I have a haematoma there and if I don't do something about it, I will have it for ever.  I came home and had a good look at it in the mirror and have realised I also have a dent in my face there now, and a strange black mark.  I don't want to have lumps, bumps and holes in my face for ever!!


I also hate my hair.  Why oh why did I get it cut?  I now cannot tie it back and look like a total moron when I am out running with hair going everywhere.  And to top it all off, I am covered in zits.  So zitty face, crappy hair and lumpy bumpy face - it all adds up to rather depressing really.  I have been looking at hats as a means of disguising hair (and zitty forehead).  


However, running has been ok.  Monday I tried to kick off the week with a speed session.  I know feck all about speed sessions though.  So I just ran really fast until I couldn't run any more.  Then I had to walk a bit.  Then I decided rather than run like the clappers for a few minutes and then die on my arse, it would be better to try and maintain a pace I could hold on to, so I did this, admittedly I did speed up on the last km, I was secretly hoping to better any previous times.  I don't really enjoy that kind of running, when you finish feeling like spewing,  but I guess I am not going to get faster by plodding along at my dire speed.  


Tues and Wed were busy due to impending Board meeting, and I just need to accept that there are going to be times when I cannot run.  Thursday I decided to make up for it by running 10km around the lake, and again, tried to see if I could beat my PB.  I was 2 minutes off, but I felt it was a nice honest 10km.  By Friday afternoon I could not wait to get out the door and get running, so did the river run at 4pm pretty much on the dot.  I really enjoyed it.  I OVERTOOK someone!  First time ever in my life I have done this on the river run.  


Yesterday I ran in the rainy misty morning and loved it, and finally today Marie and I did the river run again.  I feel like a big fat porker because I have eaten out with family and friends so much this weekend, I almost feel that I have been "slacking off" on everything now that North Face is over.  I need to clean up my act and knuckle down - whether I am ready for M7 marathon remains to be seen, but I have Woodford to Glenbrook and Willy to Billy coming up, maybe even another half marathon.  I guess I just don't feel committed to anything.  Maybe I should just enter that bloody marathon even though I am not really ready.  It would certainly scare the knickers off me and get me out training with a renewed sense of purpose.  Trouble is, it is not far enough away for me to go, ahhh that is AGES away, stop worrying.....WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT I NEED.  I knew I blogged for a reason!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Hirudoid is great stuff for bruises, fluid after bumps etc.....can't comment on the Haemhorroid use though! Don't you hate hair cuts you wish you hadn't done. I'm sure it looks great, but that doesn't change the fact if you don't like it. No suggestions, just sympathy! Speed sessions suck - that's why I do mine with the guys at training - pity you are too far away to join us, it would be great fun!
    Look forward to hearing you next plan.....

    ReplyDelete