Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Training and Shit

Monday = first pump class in one million years
Tuesday = 8km run at 5am - how bloody smug do you feel after an early morning run? 
Wednesday = 7km run at 5.30am - again feeling of incredible smugness - slowly taken over by feeling of incredible DELAYED ONSET MUSCLE SORENESS.  Ouch.  Pump class worked chest and arms, and now my armpits hurt big time.  Running was ok if I kept my upper body still.  Walked around work as if mummified.
Unexplainably (there is probably no such word) got large blister from 7km run today.  How come I can run 54km and get no blister and then run7km and get nasty blister that squirted water at my face when I pricked it with a pin?

On the long weekend an old dancing friend and I are doing six foot track together.  I cannot wait - a nice 45km that may take up to 7 hours.  Despite being a dancer he is also a secret runner, though he doesn't like people to know that, hence I am not allowed to name him here in case dancers want to run with him or runners want to dance with him. 

And then Woodford to Glenbrook run it has been decreed that we run the race and then run back up to Woodford - so a nice 52km that day. 

So a couple of things to keep me out of mischief over the next month.  Plenty to train for.

Loving it.  Loving my running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment