Sunday, May 23, 2010

Well I did it!!  I finished the race!  Primary objective was to survive, not let the blood sugar go berserk, not let the head decide it was time to go home prior to 54kms, and stretch target was to finish smiling. 

Well I got my stretch target!  In fact I smiled ALL day.  Well, most of the day....



And smiled...

and there were some big hills that made the smile only on the inside.....

I always get a laugh when I look at that photo....

Reminds me of this one....



So, in summary, I had a brilliant day, there were highs and there were lows.  There was scenery that would have taken my breath away, if I had any breath that is.

There were bits that reminded me that "remote" is not the little black plastic box that sits on the sofa.

There were the most amazing views of valleys and trees and cliffs and we saw a very very young cow, so young his coat was all white and shiny and clean. 

We had perfect weather and all my gear worked properly, I had no wardrobe malfunctions and didn't run out of anything, get lost or break anything.

Well, except a cheekbone. 

I loved this run so much, I am going up there next weekend with a friend just to enjoy some of the course again.  I have also just spent this morning entering things.  City To Surf - never done it, Willy To Billy,  couldn't do it last year because of Swine Flu, and Woodford to Glenbrook - my favourite run of the year.

I have been reading Colins "Outer Edge" magazine - which appears to have every single dangerous sport in the world in there.  There is a picture of Colins brother BASE jumping off a cliff in Sydney.  Not planning on taking up BASE jumping but wouldn't mind a few kayaking lessons and then doing some adventure races.  And the Mud Run.  Anything in fact that involves a day out on the trails.

Maybe some climbing, canoeing, I promised myself so many things after I'd done this race, I gotta get onto them all!!!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations UltraMarathoner SemiFreddo, and nice new blog you have here.

    It seems that running has had a slimming effect on you - you went from Fred to SemiFreddo; who knows your next blog could be QuarterFreddo ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mini Freddo? hehehe Thank you Marty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soooo proud of you Fred, I am sitting here reading and tearing up. Last year you talked about it, this year you DID the 54k. I see the day of the 100k my dear xxxx
    You are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete