Sunday, June 20, 2010

Pretty happy with this weeks training.

Monday - Gym / strength session and 9km walk (wee but tired and very very stiff and sore from Six Foot)
Tuesday - 5km just taking it easy round the lake
Wednesday - 5km FAST (for me) around the lake and BodyStep Class
Thursday - 23km ride
Friday - 5km run - sore, tired legs but kept it at 5:45min kms pace
Saturday - BIG FAT NUTHIN'
Sunday - 21km on M7 with a couple of friends.

My legs are really tired today.  I had a massage from Enter the Dragon yesterday, but they must all be a little scarred by the last time I visited when I sobbed into a tissue.  They probably see me coming and go "here comes that masochist woman" again, (only in Chinese) smile, nod politely and back away . Also they have ditched the Enter the Dragon music and opted for Enya, and it just doesn't feel right.  So I came away feeling a little ripped off, he didn't seem to be able to get deep into those muscles and loosen them up, so one leg still feels a bit funny.

Getting up this morning after a latish night with a few sparkling shiraz's was hard, the run seemed to make me feel better and it was finally nice to be able to run with people at a reasonable pace (we reckon about 5.50min/kms) hold a conversation and not feel like I am slowing people down.  I guess if I can do the distance on tired legs and a One- and- A- Half- Bottles- of- Sparkling- Shiraz Hangover I can do it at that or better in the race. 

I nearly died when I realised Woodford to Glenbrook is next week.  I thought it was WEEKS away.    So more biking, pump and easy runs next week I think.

2 comments:

  1. I think you have been hiding your light (Speed) under a bushel. Those are great times you've been running. You will kick my arse on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two friends = one friend + one old friend

    ReplyDelete