Monday, July 26, 2010

It's Saturns Fault...

....because Saturn is in Uranus....or something.

The problem with right now is that life is just very odd.  Very unusual.  Whilst I like to think of myself of a bit of a champion of change, my little heart has been beating very fast this last week or two with lots of decisions to be made and consequences to consider.

Anyway - having plenty of time on my hands at present, I have been able to read the Sunday paper the whole way through (ok I skipped the boring election bit and the sport bit).  There's about three different horoscopes in the Sunday paper - but one thing is for certain - Saturn appears to be in Libra.  They all appear to agree on this.  How does Saturn get there?  "Where" is Libra?  Who makes this stuff up?  Do the stars really align?  Do they move around in the sky?  Is there a possibility they might bump into one another?  Is that the big bang? 

Anyway the last time Saturn was in Uranus or Libra or wherever it is supposed to be, was 1983, so my stars recommended that I cast my mind back to 1983 to see what sort of changes were going on in my life and what lessons I learnt.  Well I was 16 in 1983 so my guess is I learnt nothing (I was a teenager - they know everything)  - but what I do recall was ra ra skirts were in fashion, as were frilly blouses and fringed boots, big hair and knickerbockers.  So I am praying (apart from the ra ra skirt bit) that I don't suddenly get the urge to backcomb my fringe or apply black eyeliner halfway up my temples, or get about in pedal pushers.

Positive change though would be welcomed.  Just lets not go back to electronica and acid wash jeans or hypercolour tee shirts.

1 comment:

  1. I always bow to the dean of parody, Weird Al:
    http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/weirdalyankovic/yourhoroscopefortoday.html
    I hope you always believe every horoscope you read Sonia because we all want Athena Starwoman to keep earning millions.

    I see you as very 1983: the pirate look, or at the very least Doc Martens. Or Keds.

    ReplyDelete