Monday, September 13, 2010

The Dog Days are Over

The other half has gone on a Sales Conference to the Emirates Resort in the Wolgan Valley and I am Very Bloody Jealous.  He gets to go great places, and I am often invited but don't go.  This time I wasn't invited and am very very very envious.

So I am stuck at home on my own with the cranky cat and dippy dog.  I spent 45 minutes tonight coaxing the dog out from under the  bed so we could go to the Vets and get her stitches out, and I finally managed to pull her out by the tail (she wasn't being very co-operative) and my nice new fitted black Cue dress is now covered in dog hair.  We arrived at the Vets late for our appointment, and to clarify her total disgust at the entire proceedings, Buffy decided to do a couple of big watery craps on the waiting room floor.  And of course, the waiting room was packed and the receptionist was busy with lots of other customers and I had to stand there with my head hanging in shame, whilst Buffy clawed at my stockings making Scooby Do noises as if to say "that'll show ya" whilst everyone pretended not to notice, except for the woman who had her hand over her mouth going "eewwwwwww" and the bull terrier that looked like it wanted to EAT Buffy.  After half an hour of shame in the waiting room we finally get seen by the vet who informs me that Buffy has already got a Bachelor of Veterinary Science because she managed to remove her own stitches.  We drove back home in Johns car, cos he took my nice convertible to the fancy resort, so we had to drive the whole way home with the back window wiper on and the Sat Nav lady shouting at me because I didn't know where the controls were for either of these things, plus I put the window wipers on instead of the indicator and got all flustered when Buffy tried to crawl under the accelerator pedal and so any ideas of a double day running went out the window and I came home and had a glass of sauvignon blanc and a chocolate biscuit.

But I did get a TEXT MESSAGE at 5am so got up and ran this morning, and it was a Very Nice Way to start the day thank you very much.

And am running in the morning, whether or not that lazy sod across the road wants to come or not.  So there.


Off to bed now, us athletes need our sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment