Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday!!!!!!!!  Oh how I love Fridays. Such a sense of expectation in the air.

Today I am bringing my running gear to work and running with two of my workmates in Lane Cove National Park.  That should be fun, and it is pissing down so that will add to the excitement. 

Ever since the King of The Mountain I have had a dodgy hip - it went away for a while, but now it is back (probably because in the last few weeks I have been running consistently again).  I have a cunning plan.  There is a new Stem Cell Company who has discovered that there are stem cells in fat.  So they are liposuctioning people for thier fat, separating the fat from the stem cells, and injecting the stem cells into joints to cure osteo arthritis.  Hmmm, why does "two birds, one stone" leap to the forefront of my mind????  Little bit of Lipo round my bot bot and a dose of stem cells in my dodgy elbow and hip.  Brilliant!!! 

In the meantime, I have been trying to rest the hip by running only shorter distances this week, and making up the rest of the time with weights.  As always, feeling the DOMS after an over zealous squats and lunges session on Wednesday morning, but in a nice way. 

There is lots of talk about the Penrith Lakes Marathon, which clashes with the Vegan Running Camp.  My plan would have been to do the 10km and see if I could maybe, just maybe, squeeze in a PB.  However running with the likes of Brick, Pug, Tim, Carmen and Mr Liddell in the bush around Katoomba will be far better fun.

Then there is the Running Wild Series, which I am going to do, and Woodford to Glenbrook by night, so there is lots to focus on, so best get that hip sorted out soonish!

No comments:

Post a Comment