Saturday, September 4, 2010

Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday nights all right.....

Todays observations:  whoever is in charge of the "messages" on the big screens on the M2 is a true comedian - a geg.  "Expect Delays" - we do.  It's the M2.

Ben Lee - he's always going on about cigarettes - he must be a reformed smoker.  Just saying.

Facebook - thinks I am currently in Switzerland and I am getting all the ads in German.  So I clicked on one and it was this FABULARSE website selling gorgeous clothes and all the prompts were in German so I bought two identical dresses, on in a size 6 and one in a size 14.  I managed to resist giving it my credit card number, therefore averting disasterous double purchase of said dresses.

Snappy Tom Ad - god that is one catchy tune.  2WS is currently running that ad every morning and it sticks in my brain - THE CATS OF AUSTRALIA HAVE MADE THEIR CHOICE!  SNAPPY TOM!  SNAPPPPPPPY TOM!!

Speaking of the Eurovision Song Contest (what?  we weren't?)  I think the Snappy Tom song should be the Aussie entry for next year.  Except we are not in Europe.  I also think The Poodles - Streets of Fire fits the demographic well. That's not really a compliment to The Poodles or their song.....

Today Marie and I are going to see Dr Botox.  I am looking forward to a startled expression and an empty wallet.  

No running today - yet.  This hasn't been a very good training week - BUT - I did get to my docs yesterday for some drugs maaaaan for my TMJ (temporal mandibular joint dysfunction for those playing at home) - and on reading the packet, they are also good for osteo-arthritis.  So my dodgy elbow and back are really good but the dodgy hip is still sore.  Having had the pleasure of a cortisone needle in there previously, which took all my strength not to kick the man administering it, I dont think I want to go back there.  So I really "should" be resting it or else getting it looked at.  Hmmmm.  It's just very inconvenient working in an organisation that doesn't have its own diagnostics division at the end of the corridor. 

4 comments:

  1. Why are you commenting on your own blog?

    I think you are selling your company short. If you were suffering from hypertension, diabetes, Alzheimer's or Parkinson's, you'd be sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, clearly I failed to read Rule Number 75, subsection 3, item iii (a) - on "Commenting on Your Own Blog".

    You still shouldn't eat your own boogers though....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh and yes, I agree, the new Company is BRILLIANT and I LURRRRVE my new job. I just remember my days in Private Hospitals fondly, when running injuries were easily and quickly managed. Commuting adds a whole new dimension to your life - time really IS money!

    ReplyDelete