Saturday, September 18, 2010

So - running - today I managed another "long" run - that is two weekends in a row, so Officially - I am back in the game.  I enjoyed the run today, even after I had a Heart Rate of five million and six after seeing a very large, very mature, very lazy looking red bellied black snake about five centimetres from my foot.  Paul has coined a new term for this - "Shartlek" when you shit yourself and run really fast.

Tonight I have running friends coming for dinner, and the "plan" is to run in the morning.  I bet if the red wine flows this evening, the plan will not eventuate, which is a shame, I finally feel like I am getting back into a routine. 

I do this funny thing every weekday now where I say to myself - you organised to start work late, so that you could miss traffic, and it is a great excuse to run, but if you don't run, you are just cheating yourself.  So this week I ran Mon, Tues and Wed.  By Thursday I will admit to be totally knackered and enjoying a lie in.  My motivation left me on Friday.  But by Saturday it was back.  I guess my goal for next week should just  be four weekday morning runs plus a long weekend run. 

Small steps back into proper training.  I am enjoying it. 

I have a lot of travel with work coming up, which again will test the willpower, and the running gear will get packed and hopefully used.  Two years ago I clearly remember failing Business Travel Training 101 - hopefully with a couple of years of running under my belt I will do a better job.

No comments:

Post a Comment