Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ner ner ner ner ner

hehehehe DID IT!!  Ran every day for days and days on end. Well.  Like, seven or something.  Feeling rather smug (if slightly tired in the legs - on account of all the jumping up and down off high things).

Tonight, leaving work there was this fat looking bird thing on the grass.  Well I walked over to it, because it was just sitting there and I thought it was hurt.  Next thing it started squawking all Monty Python like.  It stood up and next thing this fully grown looking bird sort of walked out from underneath it.  It kept doing the Monty Python Squawk.  Another fully grown looking article popped up and walked off.  Continued squawking.  Finally a third big mother of a bird popped up from under this birds plumage and stalked off.  Three big fully grown eejits sitting under this Monty Python-esque bird squawking like the Romans pretending to be ladies at a stoning.  Bizarre.  As long as I am in this country, I swear I will never get used to the odd wildlife on offer

Anyway, this mornings run was painful in the old legs but in a kinda nice, comforting way.  I have been doing my core exercises again because I know that I have let this slide and am suffering the consequences, sore hips, sore calves, more little niggles.  So I am trying to do all the things that Darren from Shalvey had me doing back when I paid him $40 for half an hour to listen to him talk about himself.

So - This week - lots of hills, lots of Mitchells Pass, lots of weights and lots of tricep dips.  Tomorrow is local run with Simon, which means I will be doing a tempo session whilst he will be doing an "easy jog".  Saturday I will do the river run and Sunday I will most probably front up for the first of the Running Wild runs.  So by my calculations this will be about a 60km week which isn't bad at all, and will certainly help Operation Smaller Arse. 

1 comment:

  1. Training hard Fred. Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday at the Running Wild Run.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete