Thursday, September 30, 2010

Vegan not "veggin'"

Relations are somewhat strained at home, now that John understands the full impact of agreeing to go on a Vegan Weekend.  John was mistakenly under the impression that the weekend would be "veggin'" - i.e. lounging around doing nothing.  In your underpants.  When in fact it is a retreat without animal products, and some running. 

Which I am now looking forward to, now that I have my shit together and feel a little more organised.

Looking forward to runs on some beautiful trails and three days off work.  No wait - FOUR DAYS OFF WORK.  Well, technically on Friday I am working from home, which will be SUPERB as I have lots of things I want to achieve but never seem to get to them in the office.  It would be nice to "produce" something from time to time!  And I am thrilled beyond belief that my lovely and wonderful and awesome boss (who is probably not reading this but you never know) saw fit to allow me to work remotely from time to time.  Happy happy days.

Running this week has been good, again, getting up early and fitting it in before work, and keeping up the core work, so jumping up and down off things on Mitchells Pass on a regular basis. The Oxygen Magazine turned up in my mailbox and this month they have a special feature on ab excercises, so I tried that yesterday, if Operation Smaller Arse works, surely I will have to balance it with smaller abs?  Mind you, my abs haven't been seen since about 1972.  They are Missing in Action.  I am an apple and a pear and all the shapes that have tummies.  A Bhudda.  Anyway, you get the gist, getting carried away here.

The short term plan is no running today, just don't have time, a longer run in the morning with Simon tomorrow, and then hopefully lots of trails at the weekend up at Katoomba.  Wooo hoooo!!

1 comment:

  1. Poor John. Hopefully he can sneak a steak in his backpack.......

    ReplyDelete