Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Bad Hair Today

Today I took the punt of arsing around on the computer instead of personal grooming, and didn't wash my hair after this mornings run.  The result was very messy, in a tied back, controlled kind of a way.  I like those ladies with grey hair who tie it back with the elastic band that comes with the asparagus, and sensible shoes.  You kinda take those chicks seriously.  Me, with my ungroomed "do" today, I  wanted to feel like one of those bohemian grey haired, Ulysses reading, bespectacled women.  Except I was wearing stilletoes, "Moondance" stockings and a Cue frock with the latest in shoulder pads, which kind of took away from the Scholarly Bookworm look.  Ok ok, one grey hair and a few loose strands and I am NOT Germaine Greer.  Lets face it, I don't think she went in for mascara much.

Anyway, I did toy with the idea of stopping talking about running on my blog and concentrating more on accompanying cosmetics and clothing.  John and I did this wee run at the weekend, where there were only 50 entrants and we were last.  That was kinda shite.  But it wasn't really because it was a really nice run and I really enjoyed it.  Probably because, although it was a race, I didn't actually race, I just ran along at a comfortable pace and really enjoyed it.  Like, hello?  There is no way I was going to win anything, not unless suddenly there is a category of "Under Five Foot One Wearing a False Hair Piece and Colour Stay Lipstick".  So whilst I would have come FIRST in that category, unfortunately, in all OTHER categories, I was last.  But as I say, I didn't much care, I had a nice cruisy run with the Leader of the Opposition, found a new GORGEOUS run with fantabulous views and a damn fine feeling of happiness during and after the run.  And because we had taken such a cruisy approach, there was heaps in the tank when we got home, much to the LOTO's dismay, so I commandeered a gardening session, with lawnmowing, whipper snippering and stick gathering all thrown in.  I am quite enjoying the shift in body clock since I started the new job, in that days start really early and getting up at Sparrow Fart is routine.

Anyway, lots of babble today, in summary, bad hair day, good week of running last week, feeling good, overcoming the hurdles that work puts in my way, even if sometimes I am just going around them and saying "I'll be back for you".  This weekend is Vegan Running Camp - which is another whole storybook all of it's own, I am sure......

In the most exciting news of the day - Coheed and Cambria are playing Soundwave.  Only for the last two odd years have I been wishing I could see this band live.  AND just when you thought live acts couldnt get any better, both Rammstein and Tool are playing Big Day Out this year, as is Plan B.  I swore last year I was too old for BDO but, sorry.....I'll be the old lady with the grey hair tied back with the elastic that comes with the asparagus, tapping her foot in the back row......

No comments:

Post a Comment