Monday, October 11, 2010

Kates Urinary Tract Infection Saved Us Being Killed by an Out of Control Helicopter

Honest to god, it did.

Kate and I were planning to run Woodford to Glenbrook, which is basically The Oaks Trail from Woodford to Glenbrook.  Kate fabricated (I know she did) at 11.30pm (WHEN I WAS FAST ASLEEP) a Urinary Tract Infection and decided to ring me to cancel our run.  By God I was pissed off, because when she had rung to ask me to do the run, I was doing a little jig around the office and singing a wee happy tune of running adventures with friends.  You know the one.  Happy, jiggy, nonsensey stuff, and when someone asks you what you are doing this weekend you beam and say "26km".  Mind you maybe that is just me.

So, anyway, she cancelled.  I had gone to bed really early.  And she woke me up.  At 11.30pm.  Grrrr.

However, probably not quite as much grrrr as if we had been frolicking down the Oaks Trail talking shite, laughing, giggling and generally being silly when a large out of control helicopter crashed on our heads and killed us. 

So I guess her Invented Urinary Tract Infection saved our lives.

Because on Sunday morning at 9am a large out of control helicopter lost its shit over the Oaks Trail and came crashing down somewhere along the track and I can be flippant about this all because I believe everyone on board is doing fine and currently selling their story to New Idea.

As you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment