Saturday, October 9, 2010

Purpose

I have just found something interesting that I want to train for.  As opposed to just entering runs willy nilly and treating them all as training runs.  So I even have a goal time.  Smugly keeping that to myself, as I could be totally out of the ballpark.

So - with "something" to train for it gives my current training purpose and I might even sit down and work out a training programme.  Haven't done that since, um, haven't actually done that EVER.

So today I ran down to Emu Plains and back up via Lovers Walk which ended up being 13km.  The stairs at Lovers Walk never get any easier, and I several "wildlife breaks" ostensibly to watch the little birdies, but in reality, to let the heart rate go towards something more normal.  Tomorrow a group of us are doing a hike in the mountains and because I get to pick the spot this time, I am chosing one with plenty of stairs (and lots of nice views).  This week the training was somewhat scattered (actually, it could better be described as somewhat shite) with only two runs during the week.  Next week I have booked in a trail run in Lane Cove National Park after work with some work colleagues (pressure, pressure) but also have conferences in the City, so hopefully will be able to slip in some nice running on Coogee Beach.

I also downloaded some new music as I was getting a bit bored with my current selection.  Discovered some old skool band called Helmet whom I quite like, but also downloaded "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails - running along wondering what on earth would possess someone to write such a song got me to thinking what the video might feature.  So came home and YouTubed it.  Holy haberdashery batman!  Which then got me wondering what that Trent Reznor might be like to invite to a dinner party.  He'd probably want to be tied to his chair and slapped around with his entree. But I digress. 

So, approximately 50 days of training should keep me out of mischief, coupled with a busy few months ahead working on a new IT project, and of course all that damn travel, I should be a busy little beaver for the next few months.

1 comment:

  1. Busy beaver indeed! More power to you.

    And having tantalised us so, you didn't mention what it is that you're training for. As well you know, you little minx.

    ReplyDelete