Sunday, November 21, 2010

Stuff

I haven't blogged for a while.  Kinda because I have a new laptop with a super sensitive keyboard and my words jumble up all over the place, jump around, and generally cause havoc, and also because a lot of my activities have been nothing to brag about and have involved late nights, being silly and generally not behaving myself.  So - it's gotta change.

I have still been running consistently, and running with faster people who push me, even if they think they don't.  But I haven't been doing very well at the weekends due to social commitments, and work and life and everything else in the universe that can eat into your time, so I am averaging about four runs a week and not feeling terribly fulfilled.

Today, however, Mr Liddell and I did the Running Wild 14km.  And yes it was 14km.  Fucking brilliant run and mainly on the route that John and I do our bushwalk when we want to showcase the Blue Mountains to visitors - so we knew the track well.  Bit of motivation shone through, the run reminded me of the terrain in the North Face and I left the race with the old mojo rejuvenated. 

So, next week is Glenbrook Marathon and stuff it, I will have a go at the 34km.  Jebus!  Did I say that?  Well why not?  I haven't trained for it, but it will be a nice test of how I am going. 

God this is all very serious stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment