Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Falling

Sunday I persuaded the Leader of the Opposition to come to Wentworth Falls with me and do a 10km race.  Just 10kms, I told him, you'll love it, it's where we go bushwalking.  Well Sunday dawned the most beautiful day and we didn't sleep in and got to the start line JUST IN TIME to hear the little spiel at the start and head off into the wilderness.  This is the most pretty run I have ever done in my entire life.  Just gorgeous.  Every bit was spectacular scenery, truly awesome.  So I was having a "god I am lucky to be alive, isn't this all just fucking WONDERFUL, isn't this view SPECTACULAR, I love EVERYBODY, I am having such a good time..." etc etc and then SPLAT! I fell over.

Well, talk about leaving a little bit of yourself on the track.

Anyway, I dusted myself off and continued the run (which was 14.5km by my garmin, a slight difference to TEN), and I have to say, I truly truly enjoyed every minute of this run.  All two and half hours of it.  Yep it took us two and a half hours because there were stairs and river crossings and more stairs (I love stairs) and more river crossings and heaps and heaps and heaps of mud.  It was brilliant!  I love mud as well. I would go out and do this run again on my own if I was confident I wouldn't get lost, which I am not, so I would probably not do it, so that was a bit of a waste of a sentence.

Anyway this weekend is the Glenbrook Marathon.  Well I might be getting old or someething but I had a late night two weeks ago and I still haven't quite got over it.  So early nights between now and then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment