Wednesday, December 29, 2010

shetland pony vs gazelle

Kept my pact (with myself) to get up early and run up and down Old Bathurst Road.  Ran down feeling like a gazelle, the run back up had me feeling a bit like a small, overweight Shetland Pony - in fact the run back up was really a brisk walk - interspersed with a few little jogs.  Man that is one steep hill!  Ended up adding another loop onto the run - feeling good (once up the hill) and lets face it, after the crap I have eaten (what was I thinking?  I actually ATE a Krispy Kreme Donut?! Yeuchhhhh!!!) I needed to. 


Spent the rest of the day hiking in the Blue Mountains with Sam and Karina.  Man it was cold but perfect weather for a four hour hike. We stood out on a rock in the middle of nowhere and giggled and laughed and probably seriously annoyed the people who had come to seek tranquility and peace, but good times, good company, except next time we go bushwalking I am going to ask Sam very nicely not to spray her old hiking jacket with el cheapo perfume because she stank all day of something gross, in an effort to hide the fact that her jacket had been in a cupboard for 2 years covered in  mothballs. 


Checking out the maps I now know where Grand Canyon is and that is top of my list for a day out walking - although I think it might be sensible to take someone with me who has done it before - otherwise could be a very loooooong day with perhaps even a free ride in a helicopter.

So - everyone is starting to talk about goals for 2011.  Mine are to try really hard not to cut my fringe, to run the Mt Solitary Marathon (FECK!) and to drink less.  Oh and to stop buying frocks.  And maybe roll over my super.  Also to keep up with the Personal Training as well as get my running back on track (by back on track I mean consistently run) and stop freaking out about snakes. 


 

1 comment:

  1. But you need frocks.... you cannot be serious but I forgot about giving up drinking. I think I'll try to drink less.

    ReplyDelete