Monday, December 13, 2010

Sore legs

This weekend I ramped up the training after the realisation that running 6km three or four times a week was not going to help my endurance, get me fit, or make me lose weight.  So Saturday we hit the Oaks Trail and ran Woodford to Glenbrook.  At the 20km mark it became glaringly obvious that I have lost a significant amount of fitness and can't just knock out long runs anymore, but it is ok, because spending Saturdays and Sundays on the trails always makes me happy, so I am looking forward to many active weekends ahead. 

Sunday, I caught up with Ray, Alison, Paul and others for the Social Run on the M7 - lets face it, it's not trail running, but it's not flat either, and my legs were really not very happy at about the 8km mark where there were some stairs.  Was great though to be out with everyone, actually that is a lie, it was great to have BREAKFAST with everyone, but the run hurt!! 

My morning running partner has been MIA for a few weeks but sent a text to say he has entered Six Foot, and will be back in training this week - yay!!  It's nice to have company on the early morning runs and also nice to be pushed along by someone faster (afterwards, not always at the time!!).  So now that I have all these plans for getting fit and fabulous, I need to find something challenging to enter and keep me motivated.  Hmmmm....I have a wild plan.  Very wild!

No comments:

Post a Comment