Wednesday, December 15, 2010

More Stuff

On account of the additional two kilos I appear to have collected around my arsal region, I have decided to do something else other than running to try and make it go away.  So tonight I went and signed up for three months of group personal training sessions with my friend Sam.  I ran there, which was 3.5km, did the hour workout then ran home.  Feeling rather smug now.  The workout itself was GOOD!!  Nothing like Darren from Shalvey my old PT who talked about himself a lot and only managed to fit in three sets each session, and I always walked away feeling somehow ripped off.  Tonight was an upper body weights type sessiony thing and I swear my bingo wings are still trembling as I write this.  I fully expect to be sore tomorrow.  PT man was nice but not condescending, other participants all seemed normal, and it was nice to be outside in the fresh air doing something different.  Still focusing on running, more trail running and getting out in the mornings but I really have to do something a bit more if I am ever going to shift my alarmingly growing behind.   Have to say, have felt like utter shite on all runs this week.  Sore hamstring on one side, feeling lethargic and not getting that feeling of being ABLE to do this.  I am guessing this will pass so for now I am keeping at it and getting out there and running even if I don't feel like it.  46km so far this week, which is reasonable, but there have been lots of slow kms in there, the plan is another PT session tomorrow night, 8km Friday morning, which should bring the weekly total to 61km which should make the dial on the damned scale MOVE!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment