Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day Six

Still on that wagon!!  My friends are totally disbelieving that I could go six days without a glass of wine, DOUBTING THOMAS'S THE LOT OF YOU!!!

So, the achilles is still a wee bit tender, but I did ice the living daylights out of it after last nights PT session, and then deep heated it, massaged the crap out of it, then put my compression bandage on and slept with it on.  Felt really good this morning (you can tell with your achilles, that first step out of bed, as soon as you put that foot down, you know). 

Wore heels all day so it wasn't sore at all, until I went to tonights PT session.  What were we doing?  Running up and down a hill.  Hopping on one foot!  Calf raises.  So I had to do my own version of things that were not going to aggravate it. I was unhappy that I couldn't put in 100% effort because of it, but still got the heart rate up and some of the stuff we were doing was hard and hurt but a good hurt - so I liked it.

So - it is still not capable of a decent run, so will go to the Twilight Cool Running 5km challenge and just have a slow 5km.  My physio still recommends movement on an achilles injury, to get the blood pumping through the area.

OH MY GOD  I just remembered.  I saw a man running through Blaxland with no shirt on.  And a mad six pack. I nearly crashed into a pole. 

Back to achilles.  My friend Craig reckons that nitroglicerin patches for vaginas (or was it angina) are good for achilles tendonitis as they get the blood flow happening down there (the achilles not the vagina) (god that is such an ugly but hugely comical word) so I will be asking Dr Norm what he thinks next time I see him down the Lappo. 

I have weighed myself every day this week and each day I get a little tiny bit lighter.  So that is good.

I am not really dieting because I want to see what happens just with exercise and no alcohol this week.  Next week I will start looking at what I eat at night, because I seem to get home ravenous and stuff whatever is available into my mouth without thinking.    I need to snack better at about 4pm so I am not ready to eat the steering wheel or the dog.

All in all, I suppose I am making the most of what I have got at the moment in terms of excercise. My home weights have come in very useful and I am doing something every day, even if there is not a lot of running at the moment.  Feeling very positive and happy though and looking forward to seeing what I can achieve this year.  

1 comment:

  1. As always Fred, great to catch up with your adventures. Love it - you have so much determination to get out there and do it. ..and hope to see you tonight on the yab! :)

    ReplyDelete