Tuesday, January 4, 2011

And on the Fourth Day The Achilles Said - Never Smile at a Monkey

Iced it.

Massaged it.

Deep heated it.

Put "Mels Aunties Homeopathic Chux Wipes Infused with Eucalyptus and Claimed to Work Miracles" on it.

Put compression socks on it.

Put compression bandage on top. (Compression bandage kepts for emergencys when you get bitten by a snake in the bush but you keep it in your top drawer because you are an idiot and keep forgetting it)

Elevated it.

Spoke harshly to it.

At least if a large serpent makes its way up my stairs, through my closed door and up into bed, it will not be able to bite my lower limbs through the absolute stench of deep heat or the many layers of compression garments adorning my ankles.

All in all a very unsatisfactory start to Day 4. Not to mention having to go to work and get dressed properly again.

Despite obvious setback, spent a good hour this morning doing weights, 25 x 3 sets of all sorts of delightful moves. 

Can't remember what triggered achilles woes.  But my memory isn't that great so I remember having an out of body experience in the Glenbrook National Park on a very hot day and seeing imaginary icy poles floating in front of my eyes and I remember wearing flippers to the Glenbrook Pool and avidly undertaking 20 laps of aforesaid pool but it could have been somewhere in between those two things.  Note, I did not wear flippers TO the pool, I just put them on when I got there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment