Thursday, January 13, 2011

Kit-e-Kat milk - yum

Yesterday marked the last year of the teens for our offspring and so that was clearly celebrated  by a few too many UDLs last night by himself - and there was a weary looking individual loping around the house this morning.  He has an annoying habit of taking my nicely cooled water bottle out of the fridge and scoffing it.

He won't be doing that again.  I got a text mid morning asking "mum - what was in that drink bottle in the fridge, it tasted weird?"  to which I replied "the cat's kit-e-kat milk.  Oh and some Cat Lax."  His response "serious?".  Perhaps he'll get his own water bottle now. 


Of course, I can be smug about his hungover status, having not partaken in the drinking of the alcoholic beverage since 31 Dec 2010, being all year, or 13 days.  I am super happy with how it is going and how I am feeling.  Perhaps I expected more though.  I have two partners in crime who are 'dry Januarying" with me, and none have faltered, one even went to the CRICKET and didn't have a beer.  And she is Aussie.  She could have used a beer ...but lets not go there.

So - training.  Well the only word I can think of to describe it is "painstaking".  Every run I do is short, but hurts.  Sundays run was terrible.  Mondays run was bloody awful.  I came home so depressed and deeply aware that the things I want to do later this year are probably now out of my reach.  So I rested it on Tuesday - did nothing at all.  Wednesday I ran to PT session, which was a teeny bit better than Mondays.  Tonight I ran to the PT session and it was slow but not as painful in the achilles.  I thought we were getting somewhere.  PT session started with a game of tag.  Of course I get carried away and I'm sprinting and chasing someone and make a quick turn and ARRRGHHHH I freaking pulled something in it AGAIN.  Fuckity fuckity FARK.

Tomorrow I am working from home, which means I am damn well going to bike ride in the morning.  After all I will spend the next 8 days  (and nights) with my work colleagues in humid and flat Fiji.  I have enquired and we can hire bikes - yay!  And we can kayak and swim, and I guess if I rest the gummy leg for a day or two of no running, then running on the flat should be ok.  In fact, I have packed so much running gear, but as yet no frocks.  I don't really want to go to Fiji and I know that sounds ungrateful, but I find it hard enough to stick to diets and training schedules and not drinking, and keeping my house clean and my bills paid and my employers happy that I don't really cope all that well with being taken away from my little routine.  Plus I have to present shit.  Which I don't mind if it is interesting and I think my audience will find it useful, however I don't think they are going to be too excited by my job, I might just make stuff up, tell them I interviewed Keanu Reeves for the Rebates Clerk job or Angelina Jolie rang up wanting to know how to treat her cat for worms.   Honestly, one of the teams that report to me answers calls all day about worms in Llama's, how to apply our products after your sheep has had its testicles shaved (by the way, a sheeps penis is called a "Pizzle"), or how soon after your cat has an enema you can give it a laxative.  Surely to god there is some material there for an interesting presentation.  Anyway I am rambling on about nothing in particular here.

So, in summary - success on the non drinking front.  Small amount of weight loss, but certainly clothes looser (although still a long way to go) - sad and frustrated inside about my running, but refusing to let it get me down. Goddamn achilles.  You will not beat me!

No comments:

Post a Comment