Friday, January 14, 2011

biking up hills...

is harder than it looks.  Farrk it is hilly around here.  Getting the hang of this bike is going to take  some time, but I guess these hills are the place to do it!  Thighs are literally BURNING and I only did 10km!!  And half of that was going WEEEEEEEEEEE FARRRRK DOWNHILL!!!!  Then HUFF PUFF FARRRK UPHILL!!  Was determined not to get off, more in case anyone I knew spotted me - who wheels a bike around for fun?  It's not like running where you can pretend to be out for a walk :) and I will admit to taking the long way home because the hill wasn't as steep.  But Jesus, Mary and Joseph my legs are still burning.  My garmin tells me it used up 381 calories.  My scales tell me I have put on half a kilo (from Tuesday).  My brain says IGNORE!  KEEP GOING! 
Am thinking about a lunchtime swim.....

Edit to add:  30 laps of Glenbrook Pool, flipperless.  Wierd goggle face after.  Feel GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment