Monday, March 28, 2011

Farrrrkkkkk!!


Then this week got BUSY!!!  Yay it got busy, in all sorts of ways.  Running came back to life.  Simon came back from Adelaide and we ran together and for the first time in ages he was all fit and fast and I was all slow and sore.  Gotta fix that.  And I went back to PT classes and I did runs on my own at night and I can feel my calves hardening up again, so that is good.  A lady stopped me at the ATM machine in the pub last week and said she had to tell me how great looking my calves were.  Probably a Blue Mountains Lezzo but still.  It was a compliment.


Farrrrk!  The Who Magazines' horrorscope was right!!!  I would be the recipient of a "Romantic Proposal" - unfortunately it did not specify from whom, and whether it would be reciprocated!!! 

I got a job!!!  OK OK it is a Contract, and is initially for 3 months but it is exciting and new and really far away and I will have to get a train into the big smoke and I have never worked in the City before and I am quite excited / nervous / thrilled / shit scared.  The job itself is really exciting and I suppose the really positive experience I have had with contract work at Novartis has helped me be a little more confident about my ability to walk into something completly new but still make a difference.  So thank you lovely little Company.  I am really going to miss my little job there and all my gorgeous colleagues and friends.  I am saying goodbye to everyone in stages because our team is so spread out and it is odd to be hugging people goodbye every day for three weeks.  Anyway, Thursday is my last ever day and then on Friday we are having a big night out in the city which should be fun.  And I am going to shop Friday afternoon.  Happy days.  But I feel like crying when I think about not being there any more because I really loved everyone.  The job was ok too.  But on the other hand I am more excited than I can remember about starting a new job with this new one.  Maybe contracting is for me.  I like the challenge of new things, and I do get bored a little too easily.  If I could line them up one after another I think I could be very happy and it would keep me well out of mischief.

Have been gettng my arse out on the pavement too, although having had three weeks of colds, flus and viruses has meant that I am not in top form and strangely despite the big rest, my achilles is still very sore.  I am very very scared about this big race which is in about three weeks time, but will keep training as hard as I can and hope to God my fitness returns for the big day.  This weekend have Woodford to Glenbrook with Monica although we are taking it easy as she has a big one on Saturday.  Simon is sending gloating text messages about how fit he now is and I am running with him tomorrow, hello pain.  How the tables have turned, for a while I was fitter than he was.  Farrrrkkkkk!!!

So all in all, training back on track, job situation on track, nice weekend with the Leader of the Opposition in the Southern Highlands, Offspring bouncing back from a pretty difficult time.  All in all, things are good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment