Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Week That Wasn't

So - what happened this week?  Not bloody much, except some germs came to visit, no sooner had I banished the head cold, another creepier one appeared, this time sporting very sore throats, sore heads and strangely still, sore legs.  And I hadn't run now for THREE WEEKS!!!  Farkity fark that is the longest in ice ages.  In fact since I had the now famous bout of swine flu. 

However, today I finally felt better after a lovely sleep in following on from a wonderful night out with the girls last night.  I might add it was wonderful because I was home and in bed by 11pm.  But J9 had some of her friends turn up so it was a nice mix of old and new and my throat is sore from laughing.  Good for the soul.

So I decided to run to the pub and get my car.  I took my trusty friend Buffy, who was looking at me beseechingly saying PLEASE MUMMY TAKE ME WITH YOU.  At least I THOUGHT that is what her big sad brown eyes were saying.  Clearly I was mistaken.  We ran to the pub, got the car, got in, and Buffy boked up her breakfast in three large chunks all over the nice leather interior of my car.  Hmmmm, I forgot to mention that Buffy got the leftover lasagne with the pasta and cheese bit that appeared to have been epoxy welded together and only a chisel could part them.  So the beseeching eyes were really a "mummy I feel sick" and not "can I come on a run with you".  You live and learn.

But I feel good for having run and will go again tomorrow.  I have missed it but somehow I couldn't find the energy to go.  So happy now that I didn't feel destroyed and had that big ENDORPHIN smile on my face today.

In other news, I have given up on the Who Magazines Horrrorscope predictions.  Last week WASN'T a good week for signing contracts or entering into agreements and quite frankly, I don't believe this week I should "prepare to be amazed" or be the recipient of a romantic proposal.  So, despite their advice to throw away the rule book, I will be keeping the rule book firmly in my sights thank you very much. 


No comments:

Post a Comment