Saturday, May 7, 2011

My physio is a genius

Went to see him about the dodgy hip.  He can "find" the strangest things, not sure what he was looking for, but he did mention "the vortex" - anyway he found a spot on my thigh and manipulated it until whatever was misbehaving was released.  He appeared to be putting my pelvis back in place with what looked like a seatbelt.  He did some other stuff and made me pull my knee up to my chest.  First time I did it before he did anything, it hurt on the hip.  The last time he got me to do it after doing all this manipulation, it wasn't sore.  Genius!!  Anyway, the hip is not fixed but the bits and pieces that were tight and making everything in the wrong place appear to be back where they should be (there is a spot on your bum cheek called your piriformis - he had a go at that - amazing the difference it made once "released".)  Anyway I think I need a good sports masseuse to do this sort of thing when I get tight and sore before it sends everything skew whiff. 
The plan going forward is to get my bum muscles working better and I have exercises for that, and stretches for the hip.  The only thing I shouldn't be doing is running down steep hills (think Mitchells Pass) otherwise I am good to do as much as I want.  Happy days.  Going to test it out right now!!!  One happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment