Saturday, May 7, 2011

Secret Squirrel

I wasn't all that thrilled when I realised my name could be googled and anyone could read my waffle here.  Especially when my name is all over official govt letters.  And I was taking the piss a bit of a certain Oir Tee Aye.  But I think I have fixed that now.  So I can get right back down to poking fun at them again.

Actually, I have been very very surprised by the sorts of people I am now working with.  I don't think I have seen one cardigan, let alone a grey one.  For the most part, everyone is lovely, committed to their jobs and are pretty relaxed whilst trying to juggle some real challenges.  I say 'for the most part' because there is an exception to every rule - isn't there, people who sent out the Kiki letters? 

So anyway, today I ran 11km!!!  And I didn't feel like my leg was attached around the wrong way which was sort of how it was feeling before.  The last few weeks I haven't stopped running, but certainly my normal 6.5km night time run felt like a freaking marathon because nothing was working right or in the right place.  Today felt so much better.  Not only was I manipulated and prodded and pushed back into shape, I also have my hips strapped up.  It looks very glamorous, I can tell you.  But it is "meant" to be holding them in the right place. It just looks like a home made tummy tuck.

The achilles did get sore and so did the hip, but I stopped and had a stretch and a listen to the birdies in the forest and it was ok.  I now have a fantastic optimistic feeling that everything is going to be ok.  All last week, because I was afraid I was going to end up the size of a house with no running, I ate more vegetables than I think I ever have in my life.  I have discovered beetroot, celery, parsley and carrot juice and there is a juice bar in the basement of our building.  So I am having two of them a day.  I think I am now addicted.  And for morning tea a punnet of little romatherapy tomatoes.  I am eating really well at night too and NO DRINKING.  Well, until last night when I found Johns stash of crunchies and despite having to climb up on a barstool and hang on to the top of the fridge, I managed to scale all obstacles and stuff two in my mouth. Well, it WAS Friday. 
So all in all, feeling much better about the possibility of maybe being able to train for something.  Chris in work showed me where the shower and lockers were and said I could come on a lunchtime run with him next week, so I am going to bring some stuff in and leave it there, so if I am having a quiet day (it does seem unlikely, but you never know) then I can sneak some exercise in during the day which would be FAB.  So on a scale of Madonna to Roseanne Barr I think I can say I am feeling lots more positive.


No comments:

Post a Comment