Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Lake Macquarie

This weekend, I have planned for weeks to go up and spend the weekend with Toni, who now lives up on the Central Coast.  By total coincidence, I discover that the Lake Macquarie Half is also on this weekend.  We'd planned for me to do my long run Saturday morning then drive up to her, and hang out Saturday night.  Now with the discovery of the Half on Sunday morning, I'll be asking if we can partaaaaaay Friday night and have a quiet one Saturday night and might even see if I can persuade her to do the 5km on Sunday morning.  If I tell her there are bacon and egg rolls after and a good excuse for a beer Sunday afternoon, you know I think she will be in.....

The following weekend there is the Bankstown Hidden Half, which is another half marathon that is not flat.  I reckon if I can get the body to being used to half marathons each weekend, I will.....I dunno.  Be closer to a marathon?  End up injured?  Run myself sensible?  All of the above?

At the moment, life in general is not in general, it is by exception.  All the things that were normal are not.  I had twenty good years of being boring and predictible.  It appears that that comfort zone is over and now it is crazy times ahead.  I am becoming used to that and able to accept this with much less fanfare, but I am assuming at some point it will all stop and start behaving again.  I am starting to learn that that will only happen once I have made some decisions, which are difficult.  Until then, it will continue to be a little crazy.  Welcome to my world.

1 comment:

  1. Hope the half went well and that you didn't nearly get arrested this time. That last paragraph sounds ... interesting. I hope that life being crazy does not drive you crazy, and that you're well :-)

    ReplyDelete