Monday, August 1, 2011

Piss off Winter Cold

Woke in the middle of the night with a headache that had nothing to do with vodka.  A dry throat, stingy eyes and aches and pains everywhere.  The Winter Cold has paid a visit.  Well, Winter Cold, you can just piss off because I am very busy being busy at stuff.  So there.

I also woke from the weekend to find I was entered in a) a marathon and b) a triathlon.  Super!  This is BOUND to keep me out of mischief for a while.  I was almost tempted to do DRY AUGUST until I came home, felt miserable with achy coldy sniffly heady pooey Winter Cold and proceeded to have a medicinal vodka. Phew!  That was close!!  Last time I attempted Dry Anything was a wee bit of a disaster and the 15 days of dryness were followed by 15 absolutely saturated days but I suppose it was a wee bit ambitious trying to do a dry month when on a tropical island on a work conference with free Mai Tais being bandied around here, there and everywhere.....

But that was summer.  Summer is a frivolous time where nothing gets done and people are silly and don't make any plans.  This is winter when everyone is very focused on shit and gets stuff done and people enter races, or enrol in Uni or remember to insure the car, pay the gas bill or become a Wizard. 

Anyway - everyone has PISSED THEMSELVES LAUGHING when I disclosed the entering of the marathon.  Everyone!  Even Monica.  Especially Monica.  Which actually is good because they all think I am mad and cannot do it, so now I have to prove to them that I can.

(Disclaimer:  I LURRRVE Monica and know she is right, but still want to prove her wrong!!!!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment