Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What do you want for you anniversary?.....

Um, let's see - a $6m yacht.....?  WTF England?  The Euro is going down the toilet, half of Britain is on welfare, the queen has enough boats and whatnot to be going on with - but TAXPAYERS money can afford a $6m Yacht.  Has the world gone totally crazy?

Anyway, I just found that sad and totally misguided.  In other news, "training" (read "running") ain't happening, but consistently lifting weights every day (and my thighs know all about the 50 squats a day routine now).  Last night I took Buffy the Wonder Dog for a walk, and something was pulling me towards the bush, despite the fact is was after 7.30pm, getting dark and wildly stupid to be marching about on the trails in the twilight.  However it was BEAUTIFUL.  The day started off really wet, but by late afternoon the sun was shining and everything was drying up.  So the trails were damp, full of puddles and had that fantasic earthy smell happening.  All the birds and frogs and cicadas were very happy that the rain had stopped and the noise was DEAFENING, add in a few cockies and some bats and there was quite the little symphony happening and absolutely no need for Slayers "Raining Blood".  Buffy does this cute thing when we power walk, because for her its not a full blown run, greyhound style, but more a trot, so she puts her ears back (perhaps to be more aerodynamic) and has a very determined look about her gob.  Funny little dog, she is an awesome companion on the trails and one of these days she is going to get signed up for Six Foot Track.  So we ended up being out for nearly two hours and it was all good except for when a bat or some kind of large flying insect flew into the back of my hair and had me squealing and carrying on and wildly slapping myself on the back of my head.  All that thinking about wildlife and creepy crawlies and stuff must have been in my head because I had a wierd nights sleep dreaming about my own invented version of lice, which were like big cockroaches living in my twin sisters head and they infected everyone in the world and we all felt bad about that.  Like I say, it was a strange dream.....Anyway, I am consistently icing and stretching my ankle and I can feel it getting better bit by bit, so might even be able to do a little run at the weekend - which will be fab, I cannot remember looking forward so much to getting back out for a run, so that means the motivation is back! Reading the reports of the Narrabeen All Nighter and my friend Cathys awesome debut has made me want to go out and do something similar.....and I see there is a 24hr race in Blacktown in July.......evil laugh....!!!  And now that Simon is training for his marathon, I will have company again, which will keep me on my toes.  So - in summary, motivated!

1 comment:

  1. Blacktown looks good....please, please....would be great to have you out on the track too. Oops, did I just sort of admit that I'm thinking/planning on being there?! Narrabeen was great, and I can walk and run again now, so even better.

    Can't say I'm as enthusiastic about your dream.....lice like cockroaches in your sister's head - eek! and you want me to head out on the trails with you after that!

    Hope your achilles lets you play (run) soon! x

    ReplyDelete