Saturday, January 14, 2012

Meditation

So - I've decided to learn to meditate.  Apparently it will make me happier.

Willing to give anything a try, I've read about the benefits of meditation and decided to give it a go.  Well, planning is everything. 

Firstly, I don't think a good loud dose of heavy metal is the BEST precursor to a nice calm zen meditation session.

Secondly, the caffeine in the second cup of coffee was helping my heart pound just a little bit more than normal, so "concentrating" on the natural process of breathing was hard when the heart is jumping around somewhat unnaturally.

Ok ok, concentrate on breathing.  Clear the mind of everything else.  Wow!  I have an INORDINATE amount of background noise in my head.  About twenty different concepts all at once, each vying for a spot in my frontal lobe, or wherever it is that thoughts get the most attention.

Clearly I have a strong need for a good meditation session, especially given my lack of running at the moment.  Normally that sorts me out.

A friend mentioned today that the time spent on my commute could be devoted to learning another language.  Yes, it could, but becoming fluent in mandarin is not top priority right now, however, a little more clarity, peace, and inner balance would be just lovely thank you.

So I have a 8 week financial plan, and  a general fitness / health plan in place, perhaps I can add to that an 8 week plan to inner balance, focusing on a bit of meditation and lots of selfish ME activities, like healthy food, good exercise, plenty of sleep and surrounding  myself with only the most positive, funny and interesting people I can find.  Oh and I forgot - enjoying being in nice places - 
  • The National Pass very early in the morning in summer - all those birds!
  • Nepean Lookout on a sunny day - the blue haze
  • Milsons Point - with a view of the water and a day dream about living there
  • Over Cliff Walk at Wentworth Falls - heaven on a stick!
  • Any beach.  
  • My yummy scrummy bed
  • The back deck with friends....currently getting a bit of a makeover - who needs an exercise regime when you've got a wooden home?!
So, that's the plan Stan.   Tonight, we start with a visit to a Brazilian Restaurant with the beyoooooteeefoool Yvonne and Peter.  Tick - interesting, positive and funny people off that list!

No comments:

Post a Comment