Sunday, March 25, 2012

Blaxland to Springwood to Winmalee and back via pushbike!

Another weekend sort of zoomed on past without as much as a bye your bye.  Or whatever the saying is.  Bloody hell, I will be seventy five before I know it.....life is just getting busier and time is just flying past.


Two nights out in a row normally mean absolutely no training for me, but this morning got up and did lots of garden work and then a fantastic bike ride.  It is funny how friends show you things.  I believe every single one of my friends is here to teach me something or show me something.  Some more than others.  Some very deep and important lessons, some lighter and more fun, but I believe that is why people come into your life.  And deep down, we are all here to learn and grow and help others learn and grow.  That's just how it is.  Or should be.

So Karon, god bless her, who is terrified of freeways, showed me the back way to Springwood last week when we drove up there to have lunch.  And as we are driving, I was thinking.....SUPERB BLOODY BIKE TRACK - with a few hills, I'll be in that.  I dunno about you, but riding round and round the same track is as boring as sin, but it is SAFE.  (Actually, when was sin boring?).  And going on the roads on my bike scares the living shite out of me.  But this was quite a good "beginners" ride, with enough need to signal, stop, etc to be good, but so little traffic to be a little bit safer.

Anyway, it is all uphill so the gradual climb was bloody excellent, and all those spin classes must have helped.  I am still chicken with the speeding downhill, but tried to keep my hands off the brake and just coast, at times I managed it, at times I nearly shit myself, but that is ok. 

So up to Springwood, and along Richmond Road to Winmalee is a terrific little ride - so when I am pushed for time and can't afford to get to the M7 or Homebush or The Lakes, there it is.  I had no car today on account of that eejit and my tyres incident so had to improvise. 


The achilles is still sore despite no running since last week - so I just thought I would let that one go.  My zen moment in the bush last week was great, but I fancied something different today.  Amazing what you see from a bike that you would never notice from a car, and I loved the journey today.  Perfect day.


No comments:

Post a Comment