Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Rocking Tuesdays

I know everyone else hates Mondays, (especially Bob Geldof) - but I love them.  I am not always keen to get out of bed to greet them, but once up, out there and embracing all that a Monday has to offer, it is really quite good.  First of all there is coffee. Ok, it is a bit of an addiction, but I just love my first coffee of the day and enjoying innocent pleasures is one of my favourite passtimes.  Enjoying naughty ones is another but that doesn't always fit with Monday mornings (although has been known to happen.....).  I have Spin class with Tony at 12, so I only really have to shuffle stuff around on my desk for three hours, talk to people and ask them about their weekend for a while until I get there.  The expenditure of all that energy seems to vitalise, no matter what I've been up to at the weekend, and then I get to have a nice shower and fix myself up and spend the afternoon planning and strategising with my favourite colleagues.  I do love them, they make me laugh, they show me exciting stuff and we have a giggle about stupid things, and I always come away feeling good.  Yes, I love Mondays and Bob Geldof was wrong. Maybe playing in a band made Mondays crap because they didn't have a gig?

Tuesdays, on the other hand, don't always have the same appeal.  Firstly, we have a boring meeting at 12 which means I cannot get to the gym.  But mainly because we have a boring meeting and we have been having the same meeting for a year and it makes it feel like Groundhog Day and it never changes and afterwards we all talk about it being a reality show and we are the cast and we just don't know it.  Think - The Truman Show.   Did I mention it affects my ability to get to the gym?  But today I challenged boring Tuesdays by wearing the most colourful red dress, red suede knee high stilletoe boots and a very big cheeky grin.  By the end of the day I was feeling cheeky and grinny and the sun came out and it is the last day where day is longer than night and it made me feel good.  And I wore my super mood enhancing body lotion and all was ok when I got a whiff of myself.   And the man in the hairdressers said my boots were the perfect antidote to boring Tuesdays and I think he was right.  People were especially nice to me today.  Could they tell I needed a lift?  Or was it just the boots?  Or am I imagining things and people are always nice? 

Anyway, that little secret place in my heart that has the joy and the sadness and the pain and the calmness and the peace was tickled today.  Always a good way to live.  A little bit of joy, a little bit of sadness and a lot of strength and more than anything, a lot of hope. 

1 comment:

  1. Red dress, red stiletto boots, super mood enhancing body lotion and cheeky grin - awesome!!!! Wish I could come to your meetings :)

    ReplyDelete