Friday, March 9, 2012

I ran! I ran! I ran!!!

Right, this is starting to sound like A Flock of Seagulls tribute blog.

But - I did!  I ran!!  And it was AWESOME!!!

I think it was a text message from my old running partner that made me think about it.  He got me thinking about our winter early morning runs and our summer hill repeats and the fun we used to have.  And how I missed it.

And I have been wearing sensible shoes to and from the station and stretching my calves every night and I was pottering about today and I realised - no achilles pain for quite a few days.  And I HAD been waking up with pain after absolutely no activity at all (except maybe heels) so things must be working.

I have been doing my calf lifts too.

So the run was only short - because the last two attempts to get back into it, I have gone from nothing to 10km which, in retrospect, is fucking daft.

So today I did about 4km, no garmin, and I walked the last 750m or so because it was uphill and the ankle started to niggle.  I can build on that.

I thought the Spin classes would have kept me fit.  But noooooo.....embarrassed to say I was all red faced, sweaty and uncomfortable.  But those videos of Cox's river that some eejit posted on Facebook this week made me YEARN - yes - YEARN for the trails and a chilly Saturday morning out on the trails cannot be beaten.  I cannot think of anything I would rather be at.

So the gradual build up to normal running again resumes.  I might even get my old running partner back to play which would be just fabularse.  And suddenly all my gorgeous running friends have come out of what appears to be woodwork, but maybe I have just not noticed they were always there.  It feels nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment