Saturday, April 28, 2012

Good running, sore legs

This week all happened the way it was meant to training wise, with the small hiccup of Anzac Day.  The training went something like this:

Sunday 8km run with Simon
Monday 6km morning run around the harbour (yes, Sydney Harbour!!! Was AWESOME!!)
Tuesday 6km morning run - again around the harbour, and again, was awesome.
Wednesday 8km walk.  Ok ok it was a pub crawl around Balmain.  But there was lots of walking.  And hills.  And beer.
Thursday.  Licking pub crawl wounds, feeling slightly sorry for self.  No training.
Friday.  Matthew the mad personal trainer weights session plus 20 mins intervals on the tready
Saturday.  20km in the National Park with Becky.

Plus every day 20 mins walking up Blues Point Road and 20 mins walking down.  Succumed to doing it in my gymshoes with my suit once only, decided I looked like a twat and surrendered to my bunions on the second day.  Or my potential bunions.  Or corns.  Or whatever they are called. 

So all in all pretty happy with how this week has panned out. 

I'm loving the PT sessions and have booked a second one for each week.  I'm embracing all the stairs and hills in my local area, although my legs are feeling very very sorry and sore today, as they are no longer used to this kind of palaver.  Stood in the icy water in the causeway after today which was fine until I went into the butchers in Glenbrook leaving a trail of dripping water on his clean floor. 

Tomorrow is an evening run with Simon then up bright and early to the city on Monday with a plan to drive in running gear, dump car, do run, then have shower etc and walk up big hill to work.  Should all work out ok if I leave at 5am.  Getting into the swing of a routine now, which feels good.  Also getting through some of the study, which also feels good.  On track!!

No comments:

Post a Comment