Sunday, April 22, 2012

Farrrrrrrrkkkk

So.  I moved into my little city apartment.  God it was good going home on the first night, I was able to finish a late meeting, still go back to the office and check my emails, get my eyebrows waxed, go to the supermarket, go to Aldi (more about that later) and the newsagents and still get home before 7pm with the added benefit of a 20 minute cardio session (and a fecking resistance session after I hawked my dirty gym clothes, my shopping, my bottle of Grey Goose Vodka, my laptop and my handbag, full of newly purchased shampoo) down the hill. 

Then I got all the stuff organised in my new little home and moved things and then got tired of doing stuff and sat down and read the Who Horrorscope. Which says something nostalgic will happen this week and it will be nice.  So that's good then.

Training.  Well.  Am I feeling smug or what?  Three runs this week - all with Simon - 2 x 8km and 1 x 5km.  One spin class.  One PT session with the humble yet bloody awesome Matthew and lots of walking up and down Blues Point Road in high heels.  Which doesn't really count.  So my legs have that "sore but happy" feeling and I am not sure there is any better feeling when you start to feel your fitness coming back and you are plotting how to get your next run in.  And you know it is serious when you dust off the garmin that has sat idle for about six months, and find the charger under a pile of fake hairpieces you last wore in 1972 and you ACTUALLY CHARGE THE DAMN THING.  That's how you know you are starting to take it seriously again.  Next thing I will be entering stupid races.....  Anyway the plan was to stay home tonight and drive to the city in the morning, but that means no run in the morning, and I am keen to discover the foreshore in the early morning, so I will slip off tonight with my cushions and my lamps and my $12.99 coffee percolator ($12.99!!  can you believe that??) and my faux fur throw....you get the idea.  I have been picking up cute little inexpensive things to make it look warm and appealing and MINE. 

But now, I have to get my mosh on.  Curts band are playing a gig in the salubrious suburb of Blacktown later, so I have the black eyeliner on, an outfit that would be deemed appropriate for the moshpit, and EARPLUGS.

Oh and bought tickets for The Darkness!!!  As my good friend Pauly said "cock rock at its best..."

Put your arms around me....your dinner lady arms.....

No comments:

Post a Comment