Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Stuff

Starting to panic about changing my life so radically.  Get the keys Thursday.  Farrrk!  But really excited too.  In the sunshine the harbour is a fab place to be.  Today it poured and you couldn't even see the Bridge for the drizzle.  A cold, lonely flat on such a night maybe is not such a great prospect....

Anyway - I have decided to sort out my makeup and make two identical piles, one for home, one for the city.  Major Project.  I need a project manager, a Gantt Chart and a process map.  Next I plan to decide on which dresses to take.  Life can get so complicated.  And I've realised I cannot live without a blender or a percolator.  So there are more purchases to be had.  And do I carry all my perfume around in a basket in my car, because there is no knowing what smell I might want to be from one day to the next. 

So I googled "living in two houses" which were all along the lines of divorced dads and letting the kids have their favourite toys at one home.  It's kinda the same but not quite.  One website nattily suggested I take my entire spice rack and decant each jar into two jars.  Hello?  As if. 

Luckily John mentioned dresses and knickers, because I was so fixated on makeup, toiletries and makeup removal items I would have been likely to rock up on Thursday night with no clean undies and nothing to wear the next day.  Which would have been a terrible disaster, only ameliorated by an impromptu shopping session.  And I don't think they sell my particular brand of knickers in North Sydney. 

And I have been stressing about where I will get my Voodoo "Moondance" stockings in the big smoke.  I know EXACTLY where they reside in the Penrith Branch of Myer, but I've no idea about the city.  This is all going to be one big adventure. 

I checked out the veggie shop below our building today in more detail.  The problem is all the fancy, exciting things they sell, unlike Woolies Penrith Plaza that do your bog standard coffee, tea, nuts and bread.  This place has things I've never heard of, all kinds of exotic looking packages and boxes and thank god I will have to carry them all down the hill or else I"ll be spending a fortune and turn into a big fat cow.  And the idea is to use the extra 17 and a half hours exercising, sleeping or studying and not scoffing my face with international delicacies. 

On the fitness front I have run two nights in a row again with Simon, which has been great.  He is great company so we will have to keep making time to run together when I am here.  I like how we are running together now but soon he will be too fit again, and I will be too slow, so I guess it is good whilst it lasts.  I have a pump session planned tomorrow at North Sydney gym and then Friday with Matthew the personal trainer.  So a good week of exercise this week.  The only problem today has been I could have eaten a small dog and for the last six or eight weeks I have really managed my hunger and haven't craved food at all....except today.  I was just hungry all day and I suspect the 8km last night was to blame.  So tonights run we pulled it back a bit to about five km and then did some weights.  I need to find a distance that works but doesn't make me want to eat my own armpit.

It's never simple, is it?


No comments:

Post a Comment