Sunday, February 3, 2013

Risotto Risoni

I have discovered the PERFECT carb loading thing for those days when you are not doing low GI, low carb, wearing sackcloth and denying yourself anything that is nice.

Risoni masquerading as rice - risotto style.

See, I have this new telly.  I kinda had to buy one because the room looked stupid without one and I lost custody of the other one along with the dog and the red pepper grinder.

Big massive room, big long TV cabinet, tiny wee scrawny telly - looked daft.  And I told myself I didn't need a telly, because I'd never watched it.  Which is true.  But now that I come home to no dog and silence, telly for company is nice.  As is a beer in front of it after work.  So I found myself watching Nigella lick her spoons seductively and cook this marvellous looking dish, which was basically three ingredients (four if you count water) and looked alright.

Well, I added some soup stock I had made from boiling a Portuguese Chicken and can I say, despite starch overload, it was totally yum.  Delicious.  Delicado.  However, having spent the morning on Six Foot Track, I could have eaten a small dog (lookout Buffy, if I ever get custody of you again)....but seriously, fry up some pancetta, throw in some frozen peas, some risoni and some water, and watch it turn into risotto.  To finish up add some grated parmesan.  I made a vegetable soup and I have to say, I was rather over zealous with the parsley.  It tasted yum but looked like shite.  So I put it in the blender and it looked like posh soup.  So I put some of that in the risotto.  It was totally yum.  I have eaten like someone who ran thirty km today when in reality I ran 16.  Actually I ran 8 and walked 8.  So I don't even deserve a protein shake, never mind a starch laden pasta masquerading as a risotto....

However, running.  Hmmmm.  This week has not been brilliant.  Saturday 15km.  Good.  Sunday 14km - ankles protesting wildly, run was shite.  Monday, ran in heavy rain, utterly fabularse, about 10km, but I blew up my iPod from the rain, and I tell you, that new farking iTunes has got to be THE most farking frustrating thing I have ever come across.  All I want is a playlist.  It shouldn't be this hard.
Ah then Tuesday, big fat nuthin, Wednesday - wee treadmill run and one legged leg weights session that rendered me almost unconscious, Thursday early run with Simon but on account of the legs session I was banjaxed, Friday arms session with PT and run on tready, Saturday BIG FAT NUTHING AGAIN, Sunday half run half walk, pretty disappointing week really.  Two weeks til this farking race.  Who's idea was this anyway?  Maybe I should just taper and pretend I have trained?  Mind over matter and all that?

Anyway it is a day off work and an adventure in a tent and then I can say goodbye to all this tomfoolery if I wish and go back to my normal life and stop stressing about not having run enough, as if I dont have enough things to stress about at the moment......





No comments:

Post a Comment