Friday, February 8, 2013

So - it is Friday night and the PLAN was to come home and run this evening, except I got waylaid and ended up at the Opera Bar with my high heels on and pretending I don't have a care in the world.....

But I do.  This farking race.  WHY why why do I agree to enter completely ridiculous things on absolutely no training or forethought?  Because I am a dickhead, that's why.

Anyway, I had a big week.  My Auction was on Monday.  What a night.  I got cornered by Government Hating Lunatics and the Auctioneer had to physically push them off me.  It was a point in my career where I really wanted the customer to be anywhere BUT at the centre of 'everything we do".  Note to self - never ever reveal your sources! Or who you work for.    However the Auction itself was incredibly exciting and a fantastic experience to see the products I had chosen raise over a million dollars, and the charity products raise $26,000 each for both charities.  The night was a bit of a blur, it all happened so quickly,  but I had wonderful support from our joint venture partners, who didn't have to be there, weren't making a cent out of it, but just came along to support me.  That felt nice.  I am so lucky in my job.

So, given I didn't run tonight, the plan is to run tomorrow, after a damn good lie in.  Then I will do all the things that have been bugging me and are on my to do list, like apply for my job, get a skip, pick new paint, decorate the spare bedroom, fix the door in the laundry, stop the toilet from leaking, etc etc.
So, if there is any male who is reading this who would like to apply for the job of unpaid assistant, in charge of lawns, fucked up doors and leaky toilets, please apply within.


No comments:

Post a Comment