Wednesday, April 3, 2013

And then boys and girls.....

And then boys and girls, it suddenly became winter, and everything looked really stern and all the fun, happy, lighthearted summery things hibernated for another year, and the sky turned grey and it rained, and no one ever smiled ever again.  The End.

Actually this is not going to happen this year.  Nope.  Winter nights might be on the way.  I might have a cold.  I might be shivery tonight and have the heaters going and the house all cosy and warm BUT THE FUN DOES NOT STOP HERE!!  No way.  Having far too much fun for a bit of daylight saving and chilly weather to stop me. 

So - a list of good things about winter:

  1. The Blue Mountains is a cool place to be
  2. Red wine is extremely acceptable
  3. Fireplaces can be a very nice thing to sit beside
  4. Running on cold mornings is just magic
  5. Boots
  6. Black stockings look good with anything.  Well, most things
  7. Distinct lack of mosquitoes
  8. Windows look cleaner at night
  9. Dinner parties, soup and stew
  10. The smell of other peoples fires without the need to clean them
  11. Great running weather, great races....King of the Mountain, Glow Worm, Woodford to Glenbrook
  12.  Queens Birthday Long Weekend!!
  13. Did I mention its an excuse to buy new boots?  Gloves?  Coats?  Scarves?  Accessories in general?
Ok.  I've talked myself into it.  Winter is fab.

There are a number of Autumnal Activities that are exciting me, everything is changing and everything is good.  Now if I could just shake this horrible little virus, I would be much happier.  Running is going well, I went into stop / start mode after my big race.  I thought I was fine and I could run around like a crazy person straight afterwards.  Well running 50km on not much training was not real smart and then smashing out some massive leg sessions in the weights rooms was the end of it all.  I took a "run every other day approach" which was ok but it still felt sore and wrong.  Then I had a week off and lo and behold it is all brilliant again.  Went camping at the weekend and went for a run, planning a 12km run - 6km out and back.  Managed to get lost and miss the turn off and ended up doing 17km feeling really good and thinking that perhaps 12km was a wee bit lazy and now I should be upping the kms each weekend now.  So thats the plan.  Plus am managing a few 8 and 10km runs mid week, and the love of it is back, which is all I wanted.  I've entered Glow Worm Half, am entering Coastal Classic and will poke around and find a few more motivating runs to plan for.  I bought a pair of size seven jeans yesterday.  Seven!!!  Yes they were stretch and probably a big make but after telling the shop lady that it was never going to happen, I left that damn shop with a huge big smile on my face.  I really think this being single lark agrees with me :)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment