Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tinea

Tinea.  It farking hurts.

No really.  It's been agony.

Six months later I am still battling with getting it under control and ok ok, I admit, some days I've been slack and not applied RESOLVE TINEA  or FIX TINEA FOREVER or YOU'LL NEVER HAVE TINEA AGAIN cream.  All false advertising mind you.  So on Sunday night I had this dream where Darren got out a scalpel and CUT AWAY my tinea.  So this gave me an idea and I decided to do it myself.  So last night I got a clearasil wipe and a hairclip and covered the hairclip in the wipe and tried to gouge out the horrible white stuff from between my toes.  To no avail.  This morning I had a very sore toe and still had white fur on it.  (Charming I know).  So I put up a crie de couer on Facebook (because Facebook can fix anything) and within thirty seconds, there was the cure.  Pee on your foot.  From two very reliable sources.

Now, being agile is one thing, but getting the exact spot between your toes in the line of fire in the shower takes a certain skill I am not sure I am armed with.  So I decided to cheat and pee in a cup and then dip my toe in it.  And then for good measure I poured it over my toe as if I was peeing on it.  I did this all in the shower for authenticity.  Then I had my shower (you will be glad to hear) and then I dried it really well and then I put on some TINEA BE GONE cream.  Ok ok, it's not actually called TINEA BE GONE but hey that is a good name?  I could be in marketing.

So tomorrow I will update on the status of my fungus.

Apart from that, I ran 7km today.  I am going to Japan in early May!  I am going to Melbourne this weekend to catch up with old friends.  I was all happy and joyous and full of the joys of spring today, and to be honest I still am.  But I had some very sad news tonight.  A very good friend committed suicide.  Somehow as soon as I saw the message from her daughter, I knew.  She was my best friend in High School and we kept in touch - I knew she suffered from depression but had no idea how severe it was.  All I know now is, grab life by the balls.  Enjoy as much as you can.  It is often frightening to let go of your fears and do stuff that is exciting yet a little scary.  But hearing this news, if anything, has made me more determined to live my life as much as I can.  

I am soooo excited about Japan.  A hiking trip to the remote mountains staying in traditional inns.  I was sold when he told me there were hot springs at each inn.  And that the Japs like a beer after their exercise.  And as I will be doing up to 8 hours of walking each day, I will be able to fit in with the Japanese culture.  And we are going to Kyoto to see the Temples and then going to spend a few nights in Tokyo.  And I am lucky enough to be going with a man who lived in Japan and knows the culture, and how to order a beer.  So that's all good then!!  Did I mention I was excited? 


No comments:

Post a Comment