Thursday, April 11, 2013

Ryan Adams--Firecracker

So here's the lovely Ryan Adams blowing into his harmonica and extolling the virtues of premature ejaculation - or something.  I do love this song, but who wants to burn "hard and fast"?  Ryan my friend, you need to rethink your ideals matey or you will never settle down and meet a nice girl.




Anyway, now that my Advice to the Stars segment is over - life hey?  What a farking week!!!  Ups, downs, twists and turns.  Culminating in yes I have a job.  But no-one else seems to.  Like musical chairs and I was the last one sitting down.  Or with the parcel.  Or whatever it is that wins.  And still coming to terms with how a beautiful and intelligent girl could get so very very sad that she takes her own life.  Young, healthy, clever, witty, funny - yet depressed.  Northern Ireland is notorious for its lack of help for mental health patients - and I know because my twin sister has been struggling with this horrible disease for years now and I have almost resigned myself to the fact that I may get that phone call one day.

But on to merrier things.  Japan flights are booked!!!  Can't freaking wait.  And we are organising our own trek which means we won't be allowing piddly little 8km days and can climb big mountains and explore what I am learning is a very spiritual and exciting part of Japan.

And tomorrow I go to Melbourne to catch up with old friends.  Four days of laughing, drinking, eating, talking shite and wearing inappropriate footwear.  Can't fucking wait.  Might even do some shopping,  although the culinary delights of Melbourne sound so damn appealing that I think this might be a weekend that takes quite a bit of training to erase!!  Of course, I have optimistically packed my running gear.....with the intention of running around the river each morning.  Ahem.....!!!

Despite everything, I am very very happy at the moment.




No comments:

Post a Comment