Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Viral Pneumonia....

...is not fun.

Let me tell you.

So much for a "low grade head cold".

Anyway, Viral Pnuemonia makes one cranky.  So tonight on the way home from work on the TRAIN.(AKA HOME OF ALL SORTS OF VIRUSES) there were these two little snotty giggling teenage boys with a big farking potty mouth.  And they were doing sweary rudey things and saying FUCK and CUNT really loud and then they started teasing the chinese man sitting opposite me.  Which got my goat.  So I shouted at them and told them in a very authorative voice (so I thought) that I didn't want to hear that sort of talk on my carriage.  And they kept on teasing this poor man, who didn't even look up, so I told them off very loudly again, that I didn't want to hear that kind of language in this carriage (ok ok I made the mistake of saying PISS OFF, instead of get off, but man I was angry) and then I got really really really pissed off because they kept teasing this poor man, and I was in the front seat and I turned around to a full carriage of people who'd rather be asked ANYTHING else, and asked DO YOU PEOPLE WANT TO HEAR THIS KIND OF TALK ON YOUR TRAIN????.  I got a few shakes of the head, a few disbelieving looks and quite a few people avert their gaze, don't look now, the crazy woman has hit town. 

So the little tykes got off the train and I was left with my carriage full of commuters and my red face and I felt like a total moron.

And I put it all down to being sick and tired and grumpy and having cranky pants on.

So I've decided that Friday I will work from home and not share my crankyness and wake up happy and joyful and full of the joys of puppies, spring and NO EFFING COMMUTE.


2 comments:

  1. Good for you. What a bunch of gutless turkeys were the rest of the commuters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put it down to not standing for any old crap in public spaces. I'm disappointed, but not surprised, that none of the other commuters chimed in and backed you up.

    ReplyDelete