Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Eustacian Tubes

My Eustacian tubes have still not recovered from the onslaught of "gunk" that appears to have been crackling around in there - I'm starting to even consider the crazy concept of anti biotics. I'm a firm believer in natural immunity and that the body will heal itself, but it's just not backing me up here. I don't want to spend a week on the trails in Japan shivering and sneezing and dribbling little bits of snot from my nose....... I must be getting excited because that was the first thing I thought of when I woke up this morning. That and my sore ears and droopy eyelid. I'm also excited about WHO I am going with and a little bit nervous!

I'm feeling pretty smug though, being confined to bed (ok ok that's an exaggeration) I've had plenty of time to sort out my house, do my leaf blowing and for the first week in light years, I even remembered to put my bins out! There's a certain satisfaction in having leaf free garden edging and empty bins.

The one thing that has suffered is running. It was TEN DAYS without a run on Sunday, so I laced up my shoes, despite feeling crappy and headed off optimistically for 15km. Realised that my chest and lungs had other ideas and called it a day at 7.5km. I felt a bit shaky in the legs but ok - half an hour later I blew my nose and nearly passed out so I may have overdone it. So early early yesterday I did 3km before work which didn't destroy me all that much. Tonight running with Simon, so fingers crossed I will not scunder myself with needing to stop, cough up a lung or perform minor surgery on my Tinea toe.

Wednesday night I have a date!!! He seems to be a nice man who also runs. He has a very nice smile, appears to have all his own teeth, no priors and looks like Adam Sandler. So that's good.


I've gone crazy and entered some races, I need something to train for! So having talked to Cathie about a 6/12/24 track race in Adelaide, I decided to just enter the Six Hour. I really enjoyed the last one, I've also got a childhood friend in Adelaide I've been meaning to go visit for ages, so it will be a fun trip, and I discovered some other friends are going down, so it's shaping up to be a lot of fun.
It's in July so have a little bit of time to train and to plan!! Also going for Woodford to Glenbrook because frankly, it would be rude not to! And then there's the Glow Worm Half in mid June, so lots to look forward to!

Got an interstate visitor staying this weekend and old friend from Northern Ireland making a flying visit the following Monday, then it's JAPAN!!!!!! Wooooohooooooo!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment